Indulge your taste buds with our delectable Eggplant Parmigiana paired perfectly with a side of pasta. This easy-to-follow recipe combines the rich flavors of thinly sliced eggplant, coated in a crispy Parmesan breadcrumb crust, and baked to golden perfection using our delicious Fresh Press Farms Pure Gold Olive Oil. Layered with marinara sauce and gooey mozzarella, each bite is a symphony of textures and tastes. The accompaniment of perfectly cooked pasta adds a comforting and satisfying element to this Italian classic. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, our Eggplant Parmigiana recipe promises a delightful dining experience that's sure to become a family favorite. Get ready to savor the irresistible combination of savory, cheesy goodness – it's a dish that will have everyone coming back for seconds!
- 2 large eggplants, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- Salt, for sweating the eggplant
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
- Fresh Press Farms Pure Gold Olive Oil
- 1 pound pasta of your choice (spaghetti, fettuccine, or penne)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the eggplants into rounds. Sprinkle salt on both sides of the eggplant slices and let them sit for about 30 minutes. This helps draw out excess moisture.
- After 30 minutes, pat the eggplant slices dry. Dredge each slice in flour, dip in beaten eggs, and coat with a mixture of breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan.
- Place the coated eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with Fresh Press Farms Pure Gold Olive Oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce. Arrange a layer of baked eggplant slices on top. Add another layer of marinara sauce and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Repeat the layers until you run out of eggplant, finishing with a layer of marinara sauce and a generous sprinkle of mozzarella on top.
- Bake in the oven for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- While the eggplant parmigiana is baking, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Let it rest for a few minutes before serving, then serve the Eggplant Parmigiana over a bed of pasta.