Lemon Asparagus Risotto
This delicious and festive risotto dish is made with Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil, which is a healthier alternative to traditional cooking oils, as it has a high smoke point and is low in saturated fats. The asparagus and lemon add a bright and fresh flavor to the dish, making it a perfect choice for a spring or Easter meal. Enjoy this dish as a flavorful and satisfying entrée or side dish!
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable broth over low heat until hot.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion to the saucepan and sauté until it's soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Arborio rice to the saucepan and stir to coat it with the oil and onion mixture.
- Add the white wine to the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until it's absorbed.
- Gradually add the hot vegetable broth to the rice mixture, one ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next one.
- When the rice is tender but still firm to the bite, add the asparagus pieces to the saucepan and continue cooking until the asparagus is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the freshly squeezed lemon juice, grated lemon zest, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Season the risotto with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the risotto hot, garnished with fresh chopped parsley.