This lemon poppy seed loaf cake offers a delightful balance of tartness and sweetness. The Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil adds moisture and a light texture to the cake. The glaze adds a tangy touch that complements the lemon and poppy seed flavors perfectly. This cake is perfect for any occasion and will surely be enjoyed by all.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ½ cup Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, poppy seeds, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the Greek yogurt and lemon juice to the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice until smooth.
- Once the cake is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer the cake to a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake, allowing it to soak in. Let the cake cool completely before slicing.
- Optionally, garnish with additional lemon zest for extra flavor and presentation.
- Slice and serve the lemon poppy seed loaf cake, and enjoy!