Fall has officially arrived which means it’s time to bring out all of our favorite soup recipes! This time-honored Italian classic has a way of transcending the boundaries of taste, bringing together a symphony of vibrant vegetables, tender pasta, and aromatic herbs in one glorious pot. It's a melody of flavors that captures the essence of autumn itself. Our easy-to-follow recipe ensures you'll spend less time in the kitchen and more time savoring the joys of fall.
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Press Farms Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1/3 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 28-ounce can of no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can of low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup elbow pasta
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Wash and cut vegetables.
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add in chopped onions and cook for 4 minutes or until translucent.
Add in minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add in chopped celery and carrots and cook until they begin to soften.
Stir in the green beans, dried oregano and basil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste for about 5 minutes.
Add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth to the pot and bring it to a boil.
Reduce heat and allow everything to simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in beans and pasta.
Cook for about 10 minutes until the vegetables and pasta are tender.
Season with salt. Serve and top with the parmesan and chopped basil.