Olive Oil Brownies
"I love baking with olive oil because of the rich flavor it imparts. I used Fresh Press Farms olive oil for these brownies and I am obsessed with how they came out. Fresh Press farms grows their olives in Georgia and all of their olive oil is cold pressed. You can taste the difference!"
Recipe created by @avocado_skillet
- ⅓ cup Fresh Press Farms olive oil
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp plant milk of choice
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water)
- ⅔ cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup cacao
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your flax eggs by mixing flax seeds and water. Let sit refrigerated for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Pour dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until just combined. Pour in dry ingredients and mix until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour batter into an 8 inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake brownies for 25-30 minutes. I baked mine for 30 minutes on the dot.
- Let brownies cool for 30 minutes in the fridge or 1 hour otherwise. This step is crucial so the brownies set.