Whether you're looking for a quick, refreshing side dish, a light and nutritious lunch option, or a show-stopping accompaniment for a special occasion, this salad fits the bill. Plus, with its vibrant colors and delectable flavors, it's bound to become a staple in your culinary repertoire. The flavors of our Fresh Press Farms Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil help pull together the sweetness of the honey and the bitter flavor of the lemon juice. Enjoy!
- 2 medium-sized cucumbers
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 red onions
- Half an avocado
- 1 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- ½ cup of Fresh Press Farms Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Wash all vegetables.
- Peel cucumbers and chop them into small pieces. Chop cherry tomatoes in half. Pour into a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes, then drain excess water.
- Slice red onions and soak in a mixture of 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar and 1 tbsp of sugar. Let it sit until ready to plate.
- Roll basil leaves, then chop into thin pieces.
- Slice half an avocado and set aside.
- Prepare dressing by pouring 1/2 cup of rice vinegar and 3 tbsp of honey into a bowl and whisk. Add in 2 tbsp of lemon juice and whisk again. Finally, add in 1/2 cup of Fresh Press Farms Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil to emulsify.
- On a serving platter, add chopped cucumbers and tomatoes. Salt to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over the vegetables and gently toss.
- Add a generous amount of crumbled feta cheese over the salad.
- Add red onions.
- Gently place sliced avocado half on top.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scatter torn basil leaves over the salad and serve.