This recipe uses Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil to pan-fry the tofu strips to crispy perfection. High oleic sunflower oil is a healthier alternative to traditional frying oils, as it has a high smoke point and is low in saturated fats. Enjoy these delicious vegan tofu tenders as a fun and flavorful meal or snack!
- 1 block of firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- Cut the pressed tofu into strips, about the size of chicken tenders.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish, make the flax eggs by mixing the ground flaxseed with water. Let sit for a few minutes until it thickens to an egg-like consistency.
- In a third shallow dish, place the panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each tofu strip into the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Then dip the tofu into the flax eggs, and finally coat it in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat the Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the breaded tofu strips to the skillet, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the tofu strips from the skillet and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.