Potato Leek Soup
- 5 medium russet potatoes (about 6 cups when diced)
- 2 large leeks (about 3 cups when sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Press Farms Olive Oil, plus more for serving
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup compatible coconut milk
- 1-2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper Fresh chives, for garnish
- Step 1: Wash, peel, and dice the potatoes. Cut off the roots and dark green parts of the leeks and set them aside, then slice and wash the white and light green parts of the leeks. Mince the garlic.
- Step 2: Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Step 3: Pour in the broth. Add the diced potatoes, thyme, and bay leaves, and stir. Bring to a simmer and allow it to cook for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Turn off the burner. Remove the bay leaves and stir in the coconut milk.
- Step 4: Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s creamy, making it as smooth or chunky as you like! Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 5: Serve the soup in bowls, and drizzle each serving with more olive oil and sprinkle with a little pepper and minced chives.
Recipe and Photo by Laura Miner of @Cook at Home Mom