These vegan lemon blueberry muffins are a perfect sweet treat that's made healthier with the addition of Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil, which is a healthier alternative to traditional baking oils, as it has a high smoke point and is low in saturated fats. Enjoy these delicious muffins for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil, and unsweetened applesauce until well combined.
- Add the almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract to the sugar mixture, and whisk to combine.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.